This month has been going by so fast! Since my last entry, I have been busy working to complete my first online Master’s English class and trying to stay positive even though I am still experiencing complications at a little over a year post gastric bypass. Also, at the beginning of this month, I went into a local hospital for testing, and they found a blood clot in my left leg! I had to go straight from Radiology to the Emergency Room. Yikes! Thank goodness that my Dad was with me and that my mom was brought up by him later when I had to stay overnight. Now I am on blood thinners. Fun. But it could be worse. The blood clot could have gone to my lung and I would have died. Seriously. I am now working to increase my physical activity, even though I’m constantly tired, because it helps reduce the risk of blood clots. Also, I want to lose more weight. I’ve been in maintenance mode for several months now, which I guess is better than weight gain, but being at a stall when I am...
If there were one word to summarize how I’ve been feeling since my last entry, it would be: stuck. I’ve been stalled in my weight-loss journey, and while it is discouraging and depressing to say the least, I am still trying to hold onto hope that things will change for the better. Yesterday, I had a visit with the surgeon who I started seeing earlier this year, and he is still willing to work with me, but he wants to wait until next year to do any additional surgery. It’s so hard to wait, but the last thing I need are any additional complications that would come with another surgery. It’s almost three years since gastric bypass (three!), and I’m barely recovering from that, so I know that waiting is for the best, and for my ultimate health and safety. I wish that I had more positive news to report, but sadly, dear reader, I don’t. Here’s hoping for a better and brighter—and healthier!—2019. Peace always, Vanessa
Back at the treatment house after a week of being at a treatment hospital for suicidal thoughts. Upon intake at the treatment house, the interviewer felt it was best for me to go to the emergency room. After a few days, on the 20th, I was admitted to the psychiatric hospital. I spent seven days there. Yesterday afternoon, I was sent back to the treatment house. I had a good day. I slept fairly well, but I am now dealing with some natural issues with my body. I should be fine in a few days. My estimated check out date from this house will be on Tuesday if all goes well. I'm thinking it should because I am staying on my medications. I also have a meeting with my case manager on Monday morning. I hardly ever see her, but I'm guessing they worked something out since I had to go to the hospital and everything. I'm happy to report that I am glad I held on to my life and decided to continue on my journey, mentally and physically. The weight loss will come in time. I also need to...
Comments
Post a Comment