Peace, Love, and Pedaling

This month has been going by so fast!

Since my last entry, I have been busy working to complete my first online Master’s English class and trying to stay positive even though I am still experiencing complications at a little over a year post gastric bypass.

Also, at the beginning of this month, I went into a local hospital for testing, and they found a blood clot in my left leg! I had to go straight from Radiology to the Emergency Room. Yikes! Thank goodness that my Dad was with me and that my mom was brought up by him later when I had to stay overnight. Now I am on blood thinners. Fun. But it could be worse. The blood clot could have gone to my lung and I would have died. Seriously.

I am now working to increase my physical activity, even though I’m constantly tired, because it helps reduce the risk of blood clots. Also, I want to lose more weight. I’ve been in maintenance mode for several months now, which I guess is better than weight gain, but being at a stall when I am barely eating anyway is like insult to injury. So, I am riding my exercise bike. Currently, I’ve been pedaling 10 minutes each day for the past five days. It’s not much, but it’s a start. 

Also, I am getting out more. I have a great friend who I’ve been hanging out with, going to different place around town and buying quirky things. So much fun! Plus, going out for frozen yogurt has been a great social activity for me! People like fro yo. I may not go to a full-blown restaurant any time soon, so it’s nice to have someone who I can do activities with that aren’t always centered around food.

Yes, I know that everyone must eat. I just don’t have that luxury right now. What do you expect me to do? If I had a peanut allergy, would you want me to eat peanuts just to make you happy? No, right? Seriously! So, I just have to adjust accordingly.

Do I still want food? Of course. My mind still thinks it can eat. My body, however, is quick to correct me. It’s especially hard because my appetite is coming back with a vengeance. The “honeymoon period” is definitely coming to a screeching halt, but I’ll deal.

Until next time!

Peace always,
Vanessa


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The (Not So) Skinny on Me

One Step at a Time

Welcome!