More About Me (in case you were wondering)

I found this questionnaire while looking through old magazines at the treatment house, and I finally had some time between collaging to answer it. Here are my responses. This came from an old issue of Marie Claire.

1. Dream career: Writer or entrepreneur of something

2. Best career advice I've gotten: Don't work for your money; make your money work for you.

3. Most gracious response to career setback: Hugs and time to process

4. Least gracious response to career setback: "When are you going back to work/get a job?"

5. The three qualities that got me where I am today: Compassion, Intellect, and Humor

6. Most agonizing career decision: Deciding whether or not to attend Southwestern University in Georgetown, Texas when I was 18 with no car or much money. Then, leaving shortly a few years later before I could graduate due to bipolar disorder.

7. Easiest career decision: Becoming a home health aide for my late mother, Norine Amanda Rhaburn.

8. Kind of work I'd do for free: Writing, which I already am for myself and Collective World

9. Favorite perk of the job: Pens and compliments

10. Worst pitfall of the job: Editing!!!

11. How I made my first dollar: Doing chores for allowance money.

12. Who I admire and why: My mother, Norine Amanda Rhaburn. May 23rd, 1953-August 23rd, 2022. 69 years of strength, love, faith, and awesomeness. She gave me life. Need I say more?

13. Last thing I binge-watched: Divorce Court

14. Book that left a lasting impression on me: She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb.

15. Song that always makes me cry: "Didn't We Almost Have it All" by Whitney Houston

16. Song I want played at my funeral: "One Love" by Bob Marley.

17. First album I bought: *NSYNC by *NSYNC.

18. On my bucket list: Santorini, Greece, or The Mayan Pyramids.

19.Food I'm not to ashamed to admit I love: Haribo Goldbears.

20. Cocktail of choice: Mango margarita.

21. My perfect day would begin: With a cup of tea while watching the sunrise.

22. My perfect day would end: In my future lover's arms, resting peacefully.

23. The beauty essential you'd have to pry out of my cold, dead hands: Cherry Chapstick.

24. Advice to a woman with a broken heart: Choose yourself again. Love yourself more. You're worth it. 

25. Relationship advice to my younger self: Forget online dating. Don't sell yourself to the highest bidder. You may not be perfect, but neither are they. Don't settle. 


Peace always,


Vanessa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The (Not So) Skinny on Me

One Step at a Time

Wake Up Call....Seriously!