One Step at a Time

Back at the treatment house after a week of being at a treatment hospital for suicidal thoughts. Upon intake at the treatment house, the interviewer felt it was best for me to go to the emergency room. After a few days, on the 20th, I was admitted to the psychiatric hospital. I spent seven days there. 

Yesterday afternoon, I was sent back to the treatment house. I had a good day. I slept fairly well, but I am now dealing with some natural issues with my body. I should be fine in a few days. 

My estimated check out date from this house will be on Tuesday if all goes well. I'm thinking it should because I am staying on my medications. I also have a meeting with my case manager on Monday morning. I hardly ever see her, but I'm guessing they worked something out since I had to go to the hospital and everything.

I'm happy to report that I am glad I held on to my life and decided to continue on my journey, mentally and physically. The weight loss will come in time. I also need to watch my diet for more than vanity reasons because my diabetes has reared its ugly head. My A1c is over a 7, so I need to work on that. Everything I put into my mouth affects my blood sugar, and I have to accept that. There are even natural sugars that I need to watch out for, such as those in fruit. 

My goal for weight loss this year is to lose a pound a week, or at least 50 pounds by January 2024. That may change if I have more health issues, but we'll see. 

Even though I have had gastric bypass, I realize that weight loss is going to be a lifelong battle. Even if I lose weight again, I will have to work twice as hard to keep it off. I may never be able to rock a bikini, but I will be healthier someday, and hopefully, happier anyway. 

Peace always,

Vanessa


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The (Not So) Skinny on Me

Wake Up Call....Seriously!