Reflections and Resolutions


I thought that I made my last entry for 2018 a few weeks ago, but I decided to reflect on the year. 2018 was surprising and difficult, yet I am still thankful. As this year comes to a close, I want to take time to remember what I am thankful for.

I am thankful for my Creator, because They have made me and kept me alive for a purpose, even in trying times.

I am thankful for my family, who always stood beside me and loved me through the good and the bad.

I am thankful for my friends, who showed me that I am worthy of love, and that I can enjoy being single. You, dear reader, are one of those friends. Thank you so much for your loyalty!

I am thankful for my work, because it gives me a sense of purpose and fulfillment.

I am thankful for my emotions, both negative and positive, because they make me feel more human, alive, and have greater empathy for others.

I am thankful for my body, because even though it is not perfect, it is my own, rolls, curves, scars, and all.

I am thankful for the promise of a New Year and all that it will bring.

I know that the New Year is a customary and cliché time for change, but I am more hopeful than ever that 2019 will be a much better year. 2019 will be the year that I get the revision surgery for my gastric bypass and reclaim my life.

My word for 2019: Hope. Hoping in action, feeling, word, and thought.

Peace (and hope!) always,

Vanessa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The (Not So) Skinny on Me

One Step at a Time

Welcome!