Need to Shake Things Up!


I have been in a weight plateau for several months, and it is really soul crushing and frustrating. My scale and I are not on the best of terms right now. I haven't been consistent with my exercise. I am trying to walk more, but it isn't enough. My exercise bike hasn't been touched in over a month. I really need to shake things up with my diet and exercise routine.

I drink at least one protein shake a day. However, I would like more variety in my diet, so I eat solid foods on occasion, especially at social functions. I find myself snacking more than I would like as well. Yet each “variation” in my diet is only increasing my weight gain and furthering my plateau, so I am also working on being more mindful of what I eat. I used to keep food journals to keep myself accountable in the past, though, and found it hard to stick with. 

It seems as if I'm stuck in an endless cycle. I want to control my diet and exercise, yet I am also a human being, and therefore, am prone to imperfections. I'm going to mess things up sometimes. Okay, I'm going to mess up a lot. As I mentioned to one of my friends today, I'm a perfect procrastinator. I want things to be perfect, so I wait on things a bit more often than I should because I want them to be exactly they way that they should be. It's terrible, and I know that, yet I just can't stop. See the pattern here?

I'm not sure what exactly I should or can do, but I will try my best to keep on keeping on, and update more often. I am aware of the fact that I need to add more content, and I am being mindful of that as well. Apparently, I have a lot on my mind, and my plate, literally. I need to find a balance.

Peace always,

Vanessa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The (Not So) Skinny on Me

One Step at a Time

Wake Up Call....Seriously!